- All animals share the earth & we must coexist.
- Animals think and feel.
- Animals have and deserve compassion.
- Connection breeds caring, alienation breeds disrespect.
- Our world is not compassionate to animals.
- Acting compassionately helps all beings and our world.
Read the complete post here.
We at the Institute for Humane Education are passionate advocates of adding animals to our circle of concern and compassion. In fact we're one of the only organizations focused on social justice and education issues that include animals as a population deserving of non-violent treatment -- as individuals whose needs and interests deserve equal consideration.
Check out our activities focused on animal protection issues, as well as our more comprehensive activities for ideas for inspiring critical thinking about our relationship with animals and for nurturing compassion for all.
Image courtesy of aerodesign.pl via Creative Commons.