10. Travel somewhere that challenges your worldview.
9. Take a course on prejudice.
8. If you value egalitarianism, recognize that unconscious bias is no more "the real you" than your conscious values.
7. Laugh a little.
6. Find your shared identity with "others."
5. Do you part to save the planet (and find ways to face challenges collectively).
4. Health & security with ourselves leads to more tolerance of others.
3. Acknowledge differences.
2. Remember that people are really bad mind-readers.
1. Make a cross-race friend.
Read the complete post.
If you want to understand more about prejudices (including your own), check out the great resource Understanding Prejudice, created by psychology professor, Scott Plous (who's also on IHE's board of advisors).
If you're an educator, also be sure to explore our humane education activities about prejudices and discrimination to use with your students.
Like our blog? Please share it with others, comment, and/or subscribe to our RSS feed.